Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer's Here Again!

Are you seeing a trend? I only blog during the Summer time :) Ok, well not on purpose. I have a few unpublished blogs that I never quite finished, but if there is anyone out there who still checks this blog once and a while, I'll try to be better.

So, quick recap of the last 9 months:
1) Mike and I taught Seminary, the early-morning scripture study program that high school students at our church go to, to the freshmen. While it was quite a commitment, it was so worth it. Our students (16 of them) are amazing - each one unique and inspiring. I'm sure they taught me a lot more than I ever imparted to them. Hopefully we all grew closer to Christ, and strengthened our testimonies that
His gospel has been restored to the earth. Here is a picture from the morning we celebrated Mike's birthday. (If you can't see, I made a John Deere cake for him :))

2) I taught 5th grade at Evans. It was quite rewarding, and taught me a lot. I
love The Evans School! So, I might be a little biased, but I challenge anyone to find a school (students and staff) that is more close knit, academically challenging, and committed to character. Check out a picture from the Father's Day musical program.


3) Between work and work and work and church, we really took advantage of relaxing on the weekends: Padres games, NBA & NHL playoffs, a few weekend trips to see family, running a marathon (Catalina), taking hay rides in Montana (see picture below), etc.
So... that's about it. See, you didn't miss much. I'll try to find stimulating things to talk about more often this summer. Stay tuned for summer vacation pictures :)

Happy Summer to all y'all :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back :) Can't wait to see you in Monty! 10 days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't miss much - what are you nuts?! MORE BLOGGING - it's kinda one of those 'on a roll' things where you get into it and then you're reminded of things you can add to your blog every week or two.

    C'mon, it's not like you have a million things going on this summer, or do you? I can think of at least ONE thing you could add to the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look who's alive!?! So glad for the update. Y'all have been busy bees! But, now my interested is piqued - what's this ONE piece of news you could share???

    ReplyDelete