Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sionara to a Spectacular Summer

As I head back to school, this time as the teacher, I look back on what was a super Summer that sped by way too fast. Again, in Headline Form, here are the highlights.

1) Montana - Endless days fly fishing on the Flathead River, skiing and wake surfing on Lake Blaine, and chillin' with the fam - what could be better.

2) Padres Games - We went to a few, and had a great time at Petco. The first game we went to was with Lesley and Chris Meacham. We sat on the very first row! Adrian Gonzalez tossed me the ball at the end of an inning :) We also had a great time @ a game with our friends Jared & Jamie.

3) Meeting Peter Lik - an amazing photographer whose work dominates our home visited LJ from Australia. Here's a shot of us, and a sample of his work. You must see it in person!
Other Honorable Mentions:
*Young Women's Girls Camp - I went to Big Bear for a week with the young women in our church. Mike came for an evening to be "the knight in shining armor" for an activity called "Diving Duo."
*Computer Camps - I put on a computer camp for elementary school students. We had fun improving our typing, creating magazines, anti-smoking videos, and songs on garage band.
*Seminary Training - Mike and I got a sneak peak into the potential of our new calling - humbling yet exciting... it will be interesting to see how our body clocks adjust to getting up at 5am!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with Granny, and YAY, you blogged! welcome back. don't think that just because you have multiple jobs now you don't have time to blog... look at it this way - there's just more material to blog about! we love you -

    L&G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seminary!?! You guys will be awesome. Looks like you had a perfect summer...and will be super busy this school year! Thanks for the great pics:)

    ReplyDelete