They say bad things happen in threes - well it took a while, but we've finally hit the third unfortunate mishap.
This all started on January 1st. Long story short: Mike and I went skiing, I caught an edge, and tore my ACL. (Yes, this is the second time) This is unfortunate, as anyone who has gone through ACL rehab knows there are few things in life more painful. However, I'm over the "woe is me" thing, and onto pushing myself in the gym to get my leg strong. I'm still deciding whether I'll have surgery.
Then, last week, in an unfortunate although somewhat humerous "slip up," Mike got in a fight with the treadmill, and the treadmill won. I (unfortunately) was not in the area to see it, but as we were leaving, I caught a glimpse of Mike eying a strawberry on his forearm... then I realized he had matching one on his shin. Come to find out, Mike had a little spill on the treadmill. He was laughing about it... as were Amy and Grant when he told them about it... but the scabs are still there.
And for what we are hoping is the last in our string of unfortunate events - I slammed my finger in the car door. Yowser! Talk about karma not working in your favor, we were in the Temple parking lot on our way inside! That is not supposed to happen! Oh well, I now have a divot in my middle finger, but at least it's not broken.
We used to be coordinated people - now we feel like Moe and Curly. As mom says, "she's just going through an awkward phase."
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh DEAR, sad injuries! But look at it this way, at least your blogging again. :) maybe next time you can post on something good that happened. until then, cuidado chicos!
ReplyDeleteOh! I already knew about #1 and #2, but when I read "We used to be coordinated people....." I laughed out loud. So funny! Sorry about the owwies. Hope you're both feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete