I have had the best time visiting Taryn, Michael, and Reese this week.
I arrived just in time to celebrate Michael's last law school final of the semester... Montana Ted's bar-b-que was in order. They have the thickest, juciest burgers I have ever seen - perfect for celebrating.
The next day, one of the top hair dressers in the world cut my hair - and Taryn Reese and I did the obligatory, entertaining, educational and exciting trip to Wegman's. Reese loved the train that goes around a suspended track on the ceiling. I loved the Cliff Kid bars (20 cents less than in CA), and the full stock of comida chapina (Guatemalan food). We also found some yummy brown rice sushi, and rice paper spring rolls.
On Thursday, we girls walked around Georgetown, and the National Mall - "my old stomping growunds." All very fun stuff.
Friday was Milu and Kevin's wedding. Great ceremony at the temple, then a very picturesque reception at the Bay, near Anapolis. It was fun to celebrate their wonderful marriage with them.
So - for one of the best parts of my trip - We got some apples at Wegman's. Later that afternoon, I was eating one - and Reese decided she wanted some as well. So I cut up some miniature sized pieces so she would not choke. She loved it... so much so that later that night, just as we were getting ready for bed, she came up to me, and pointed that she wanted another apple (they were visible in the fruit bowl). When I got it out, and before I could cut it, Reese laid into it - teeth first - trying to eat it as "big girls" do.
Now, think about this for a minute - Reese has about 6 teeth, none of which have fully come up. Also, when opened at maximum capacity, Reese's mouth only covers 1/3rd of an apple. Never-the-less, she was determined to eat that apple all by herself. Below is a video - one thing you may not notice is that her entire body was contracting as she bit into the apple - I could feel her stomach tighten as she nibbled away.
While she did not finish the apple, she gets extra points for aggressiveness, healthy choices, and determination in the face of fruit. I'd also like to think I scored some points with her as we read lots of books together, held hands as we walked to the G.Mason Law Library, and snacked on sweet potato fries togetehr! She's a keeper.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh, spoiling Reese is soooo much fun, isn't it! :) you look great linds - post pics from Milu's wedding, wontcha?
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteshe's a doll! and you have a blog! yay!
ReplyDelete