Monday, May 4, 2009

Golf, Girls and Grills

The month of April came and left leaving little time to blog... So, here are the top 10 things that happened in April. (Pictures coming soon)

10. Tessa's birthday - doube duce - we shopped all day long, and got free desserts at every restaurant for a week! Never turn down an opportunity for Birthday Cake.

9. Mom and Dad visited. Unfortunately, they didn't come together - their work conferences were at different ends of the month, and someone still has to be a parent to Dean. Nevertheless, it was lots of fun to have them here.

8. Teaching at Evans. I've been teaching the computer class (typing, keynote/ power point, photo-shop) to the 5th and 6th graders.

7. Interviewing at Evans. I've been interviewing kids in every grade for a program we're doing later in the year. They are too cute! One girl said, when asked what she wanted to be, "An ice cream scooper, because I really like ice cream, and then I would get to try every flavor to see if it tastes good."

6. Serving dinner at the Soup Kitchen. What a way to help others, and get outside ones' self. The people there are really inspiring.

5. Tweeting - this is not necessarily a good thing - but it is significant... there's no way I would do it for personal reasons (Is there anything of real value that one can communicate in 140 characters or less? Doesn't anybody work anymore?) However, the new business atmosphere almost requires it - so I am biting the bullet.

4. Easter & General Conference. I love new beginnings, spring, and the recharging of the spiritual battery that General Conference gives me.

3. Celebrating 7 months of marriage. You know you're in love when the thought of spending eternity with someone doesn't scare you.

1. Girls Get-away to Fort Lauderdale, Florida: sunshine, shopping, sisters (mom and niece included in that category) - what more could you ask for!

1. The Masters - yes, after 15 years of my dad taking my mom (and Dean occasionally) to enjoy the incredible beauty of Augusta and exhilerating action of the best golf in the world, I was invited to go along! (Thank you Dean for scheduling your college trips during that week, otherwise I never would have made it:)). Loved returning to the South, Loved meeting all the Casper Clan, Loved watching the Masters of Golf, and especially Loved hanging out with my Dad!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! All that in a month. Pretty great (and busy) month for you. Love the recap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Can't wait for the pics from Augusta.

    ReplyDelete